New 8800GTS 512MB (G92) Tested and Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.
like comparing the GTX with Ultra, around 100 bucks more for 10% faster.

I have a hunch that the 9 series were suppose to be G92's but since ATI can bring nothing that can surpase the GTX, why bother setting up a whole new line up? Redefining the budget, mainstream and more expensive mainstream products will handle ATI, while the the high end market is all old G80 Nvdia's products. I wouldn't be surprised if Nvdia has even better 65nm videocard just waiting to be released.

Why in the **** they can't make a line up of a series in a easy way like leaving for the last card that they release for a series the GTX/Ultra words and letter, why make this non sequential series launch..?

Anyway if the GTS 512 is faster than the GT it will be priced around those prices most likely and if demands are high they could go up like some people are saying.

I just did it so i will tell you what happens...

Thanks for all that. At the end of the day, I'm not so worried about waiting list times, its time without GPU thats annoying. The other thing that worries is UK import tax. Last time I bought something from the US, I got hit with a whopping import tax bill when it got to the UK.

Since they deduct the value of my card, minus UK tax, I think I'll have to pay extra, since I live here. (i.e they pay no tax for me sending it to them, but I pay tax coming the other way)

urg. we'll see

welp.. at least it didnt cream the gtx/ultra like i had thought it was... now i don't feel obligated to throw out my gtx... i'll eventually pic up a 2nd one for sli..... but that is really great news for consumers.. amazing results

nvidia might be sitting on their lorels atm but they cant let go of the leash to early. Sure their cards are winning the battle of performance but dont you think them boys at ATi know this and are hidden away in their labs busy working on a comeback. Nvidia need to continue progress and release this 9series to give ATi no let up. Plus.. I WANT ONE! :D

Does anyone have solid info on the purchase price? I got my 8800 GT for $250 but it hasn't shipped yet and i can still cancel it, I might just cancel and get this one if it is close to the same price.

Does anyone have solid info on the purchase price? I got my 8800 GT for $250 but it hasn't shipped yet and i can still cancel it, I might just cancel and get this one if it is close to the same price.

Ive seen a few articles all proclaiming a $299-349 price.
I can see that being 200+ in £s. And I was planning on making this new GTS my GPU upgrade. Not if its much more than £200 though. Thats almost my months salery >__<

Thanks for all that. At the end of the day, I'm not so worried about waiting list times, its time without GPU thats annoying. The other thing that worries is UK import tax. Last time I bought something from the US, I got hit with a whopping import tax bill when it got to the UK.

Since they deduct the value of my card, minus UK tax, I think I'll have to pay extra, since I live here. (i.e they pay no tax for me sending it to them, but I pay tax coming the other way)

urg. we'll see

Well... i had an extra gpu and i now understand that 1 8500 gt > 2 8500 gt's in sli ... or at least thats wat kind of fps im getting

so, ya, while i wait for the 8800 to come i've been able to play with my 1 8500...

But about the import tax bill... they have a euro tech support thing all lined up... idk much about it because it doesnt effect me but there is a possiblity it could help you out

EVGA | Support

gl

I think I will stay with the GT since I don't want to spend any more money and performance isn't really that much different with the GTS.

It beats GTX in Crysis by 0.6 FPS:p But don't forget the fact that GTX was oveclocked as well. So this mean that GTS 512MB is better in crysis

And it produce less heat than 8800GT 512MB. And noise level of this video card is similar to HD3870

88gtsg92_g_13.gif

*Old quote*

And it's just reference card (you know first ones) I bet stock cards are bit faster and more clockable than that reference card :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom