what kinda CPU for this kinda pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taekwondo

Baseband Member
feel 600 W case
asus m2n-SLI deluxe (or any other mobo with 3 pci and ram ports)
2gb ram DDR2 ram
512 mb 8800 GTX

well what kinda CPU should i get for this? like amd 64 x2 6000+ is good for this kinda pc? or wat? btw i can also change the mobo depeding on the CPU (intel or amd)
gonna use this pc for gamin but dont wanna get a very expensive CPU.

I'd go with Intel.

I'm a fan of overclocking the cheap E2160 if your on a budget. You can get quite a bit of performance for little cash. Also gives you the option to upgrade to their bigger badder processors later if you want.

I'd go with Intel.

I'm a fan of overclocking the cheap E2160 if your on a budget. You can get quite a bit of performance for little cash. Also gives you the option to upgrade to their bigger badder processors later if you want.

well i live in turkey and dont have like that performance thing i here...
so u say e2160 is good? i mean as i said i am gonna use this pc for a long time and for gaming. so i need to get a good pc...

The E2160 is 'decent'. It's a $80 processor that can be overclocked to out-perform their E6750, a $180 processor. The overclocked E2160 would beat that AMD 64 X2 6000+, and would be *considerably* cheaper.

It should be fine for all current games, and if you did encounter games that required a better processor, you could upgrade to one of their 45nm chips later (like maybe in a year).

From what I've seen, most games are more dependant on your video card rather than the processor.

... and now that we mention that, I would get the 8800GT instead of the 8800GTX. The 8800GT is a lot cheaper, and almost as good. You'd pay the same price for two 8800GT's in SLI as you would for the 8800GTX, and be better off with the two 8800GT's. Though, I think just one 8800GT would work just fine.

The E2160 is 'decent'. It's a $80 processor that can be overclocked to out-perform their E6750, a $180 processor. The overclocked E2160 would beat that AMD 64 X2 6000+

mm, thats debatable. depends on the overclock of the 6000 and the overclock of the 2160. if the 2160 only clocks to 2.5ghz (and no, not all intels are able to massively overclock), then the 6000 would only need a small overclock to perform better. obviously if the allendale gets a 3.2ghz clock, it would pretty much win in tested performance, but not all of them do. but it (the 6000) is indeed considerably more expensive.
my 3600 will run on par with a mid-overclocked 2140/60. if it gets up past about 2.7ish ghz, the intel will win mostly though.
if you chose an intel, i would suggest the e6300 conroe, but its a little pricey. if you went allendale i'd say e4400, but then it would be a toss up between it and an AMD 5000 black edition.
they're all good chips.

2.5ghz! every single c2d I've owned has done over 3ghz with ease. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not able to clock to 3ghz at least

lol but you have custom water,
but ya even the lowest clocked C2D, e4300 can hit 3.0ghz with AF7

yeah but my e6300 did 3.22ghz on air, e6400 did 3.3ghz on air, e6600 the previous owner had @ 3.4ghz on air and I have it 3.6 on water.

...and I have a burning hot b3 q6600 coming tomorrow that did 3.5ghz on air cooling...so I'm eager to see what it will do on water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom