Rate the Wire Management Above You!

The only sad part about my Chieftec case other than all the dents, dings & scratches is that it is still using the stock case fans from when I got it (shoot, I THINK I was still in highschool at that point, like 6 or more years ago, lol). They are coming to the end of their life, and getting really loud.

jfenwick, looks GREAT man.... looks like alot of time & electrical tape too..... lol. I used hundreds of feet of the stuff back in highschool when I was on the drum line....

Meh, not that much, only did the parts you can see....was a temp fix until I get to the shrink wrap which I finally bought last week. Now just have to find the time to re-wire the psu to mesh and shrink wrap it all. Should look good once I get it switched over from the e-tape.

what else could i do to that to make it just that much better?
other then the obvious of getting either round ide cables, duct taping the ide cables, or getting sata drives.

what else could i do to that to make it just that much better?
other then the obvious of getting either round ide cables, duct taping the ide cables, or getting sata drives.

It's pretty clean, IMHO there are a one or two minor changes you could do:

- either wrap your IDE cable to make it round or buy a pre-wrapped one.
- turn your HD around, can't tell for sure from the photo.
- use some zip ties to tighten up the wires so there is less freedom/looping.

If you want a big change your next step would be to pull the mobo, cut some holes in the mobo tray and run your cables behind it to make them almost disappear.

Hope that helps, I'm sure others have some other suggestions as well.

As for vernong1992, I appreciate the 10/10 but it's not, I've seen 10's and you can barely see the cables. It's an 8 or 9 job at best....maybe 9 once I get the cables sleeved and shrink wrapped from the tape job.

thanks tho

It's definitley at least a 9.5. The Antec 900 is a very hard case for wire management, I know because I have it. The only thing you could improve is that one cable going to the middle drive bay, if you could route that elsewhere, then it would be a 10/10.

Back
Top Bottom