8800GT 256mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
So I'm finally considering upgrading to an 8800, I want something faster than my 8600gt that will let me max out settings on most games, I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the 8800GT 256MB? Is that not enough vram?

Could I pick one of these up for less than 200 dollars in January?

its suppose to perform very similar to the 512mb version but starts lagging at high resolutions.

you can get ATI's counter part which is the 3850, there is a 256mb version as well as a 512mb version, it can overclock close to a 3870 but since it has GDDR4 memory, it won't be able to catch up.

Crossfire works really well on ATI's cards but since you got a TF7025 motherboard, you won't have another PCI-Express slot so 8800GT 256mb is the way to go

get that.. also... just to decrease the bottleneck it might make.. see if u can push ur x2 3600+ Brisbane to 3.0ghz.. its not that hard... I've done it b4, I'll try to help (start a new thread in OC'ing section so N-Dogg can help too.. )

Well I would get the 512MB version, but I'm pretty poor.. Do you see the prices dropping anytime soon, and if so, to what?

3Ghz, I've tried many times.. I'm sure I can do it, but I need to pick up an aftermarket cooler first, to be safe.

i had a similar setup, 3600+ @ 3.0ghz and an AF64, but I used an M2n SLI DELUXE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom