D-Day at last. New build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its officially running. DVD ram still giving me headaches but it was always junk lol. LG optical drives have given me nothin but grief.

turns out my old HD was SATA as well so it hooked up no problem. Saves me the headache of transferring by disc. Now to work out all the bugs asus gives with vista drivers.
Also my LCD screen seems blurred, but only in colums.. like |blurr|clear|blurr|clear|blurr|clear. it's a bit hard on the eyes. I'm dumbfounded, no clue how to even go about fixing it. Got all the latest nvidia drivers an such. Any ideas?

I'm a tad stupified at how it performs compared to my previous model lol. was a great machine for 2 years but its like comparing atari to the matrix. lol.

now if only I could get off this 17" screen lol. Vacation pay in jan woooooo.

dunno. finances are a bit mucked up. not to mention christmas. I just havent updated sig, been crazy busy.
If I cant order it my 3rd thursday in dec it'll have to be january for certain. Id like to get it ASAP cause this blurr is making me crosseyed hahaha.

after driver update failed i got the bright idea to reset the HP to factory settings lmao fixed blurr (duuuh)

EDIT~

Actually I have a big question, just noticed.

The HD with all my old files on it already had an OS installed when I connected it to my new rig.
So I guess you could say im dual booting vista/vista >.> bleh lol.

anyhow just noticed I cant actually access the files freely XD is there any real way to transfer the files? I.E. a program I can use?or am I going to have to boot the old vista, burn the crap off, boot the new vista and load it? lol...

XD if i can ever get this mobo workin right I'll build it from Petra's if they have stock. I don't think i've ever seen them with stock.. So I may have to piece it there and find someone that stocks the parts. I havent ordered it yet. More important things atm.

anyhow just noticed I cant actually access the files freely XD is there any real way to transfer the files? I.E. a program I can use?or am I going to have to boot the old vista, burn the crap off, boot the new vista and load it? lol...

make sure you have it set to boot off the new drive in bios.
keep the old one hooked up, then you can just access the files and copy them over.
i dont think this will work with application files generally. but music, pics, links, documents etc it should work fine

nah it wouldnt work. it would only give me access to program files and the windows folder and the downloads folder from the user account. though it wasnt the same downloads folder XD

I just hooked up my old pc again and burnt it off, then threw everything back into the new one. took an hour or two but whatever. Only problem im having now is this pesky Asus "overclocking failed" thing. it wouldnt be a big deal but it means I cant save the bios. so as of right now overclocking isnt possible. Let alone changing any BIOS settings.

If I exit and save the computer just locks up and wont boot. If i 'restore defaults and boots windows" it runs fine.

I'm gonna try and make a bios update boot CD later on. I tried getting a 2.8MB floppy but it seems my entire city doesnt stock them haha. Cant use regular cause the BIOS file itself is 2.0MB + the utility. Seems my asus board shipped with the very first BIOS even though I only got it 2 weeks ago lol. I'm thinking its having problems with vista, but thats just an assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom