Tracers, Tearing, a few other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so finally got my tracers in. What voltage are these run best at. I cant seem to get any stability on them at 4-4-4-12 2t 2.1v above 900mhz.

As for the other issue. Finally got the media pc running, looks great as far as playing dvd and pr0n on a 42" tv. Its running 1920x1080 and when i check the resolution it shows the frequency as 30mhz interlaced. Now on to the problem. I'm getting tearing right across the center of the screen, anyone know how i might go about fixing this?

Stop looking and start replying! I KNOW im not the only one running ballistix. And i cant be the only one running a media pc on a 1080i tv.

Ok so finally got my tracers in. What voltage are these run best at. I cant seem to get any stability on them at 4-4-4-12 2t 2.1v above 900mhz.

As for the other issue. Finally got the media pc running, looks great as far as playing dvd and pr0n on a 42" tv. Its running 1920x1080 and when i check the resolution it shows the frequency as 30mhz interlaced. Now on to the problem. I'm getting tearing right across the center of the screen, anyone know how i might go about fixing this?

Have you tried 2.2v on them? I have my ballistix at 2.2v 4-4-4-12, 1008 MHz. As for your htpc, troubleshoot it by hooking up a different tv or monitor, so you can determine if the problem is the comp or the TV. My guess is, its the TV. Try looking in the configuration or setup menu's, some TV's have a special PC mode option. Maybe yours isn't set to PC mode? If that doesn't work, try 60hz interlaced or 60hz progressive scan or 30hz progressive scan, or even 720p at 60 hertz if the TV can scale to that. That's all I can think of.

I only have the memory set to 2.1v atm, as far as the media pc i had no issues on my 20" monitor. I'm guessing the tearing issue is only on the tv, but im not sure how that all works. This is my first setup with a pc and HD tv.

Okay well in that case you'll probly have to play around with the settings in order to get it right. Like I said, it might have a special PC Mode.

I checked, the only frequency options are 29hz and 30hz interlaced. I dropped it down to 29hz and the tearing seems to have fixed itself. Seems odd that 1 hz refresh would cause the screen to get tearing. Now to figure out how much i can OC these tracers.

Ok set the tracers to 2.2v and now up to 1040mhz in bios and 1028 as far as cpu-z sees them at 4-4-4-12. Now to find out if the extra speed makes any difference. Soon as my apt cools down, gonna go for at 3.9ghz suicide run and see if i can break 20k 3dmark06 score :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom