BIOS lying to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have my memory set to 584 and my fsb to 288. I save and exit, and my computer boots down. Then it seems like it's trying to boot up, and it powers down again. Then, on the third try, it comes back up. If i enter the BIOS at this point it has an 'x' by my fsb of 288. Does that mean that it failed to post and disabled my oc? my voltage is set to 1.25, what the heck is going wrong?

1.25 is WAY too low for your cpu voltage. Set it to at least 1.3V, thats why its booting 3 times and disabling your overclock.

I just set voltage to 1.34 on cpu, +0.2 memory +0.2 MCH.

Tried with fsb at 333 mhz, mem at 667. Failed to post i think, it rebooted twice then disabled host cpu fsb control (which i can re-enable easy), and changed my mem back to 800.

Memory, MCH and FSB to +.1 better to start this way.
Set your memory to a 1 to 1 ratio
Timming of 5-5-5-15
You can lower timmings once stable OC is found.

I'm not given the option of a 1:1 ratio, maybe because it's ddr2? i'm not totally sure how this works yet

And i don't have the slightest clue as to how to set timings

No, set the memory to 2.0. Thats is 1:1 with the FSB on the DS3 boards. Yes its there, its just not where you think it is. its 2.5 > 3.0 > 2.0 as far as the list goings.

As to setting the timings, leave em auto for now, it'll set them to 5-5-5-18 most likely. ctrl-f1 will give you access to the memory timings. Took me a while to figure this out when i got my ds3 board.

Alright, as for the timings...i see 4 numbers (6-6-6-18), but below them there are a bunch of other numbers. I just changed those 4. Does that sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom