I lost almost everything. Need serious help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgtactical

Beta member
Okay yesterday, I was playing around with wincustomize. I tried desktopX and it looked cool but didn't really like it so I tried windowsblind. The thing is when I got it I had to change my SID number and once I did it said "Chaning SID number" or whatever for like an hour. So I went to bed and it was still like that. So, I restarted my computer since I couldn't get rid of it and now almost everything is gone. I have like 65% of my programs but lost everything else. My pictures, my 2000 songs, my documents, and my other valuable programs.

Yesterday also, the desktopX screwed with my laptop so I did a system restore and all was good. But now when I try a system restore it gives me that pop up for the administrative thing and says to enter an admin password (never did that) and that I have to enter a SIM card and it shows a picture of one (also never did that) and then hit ok. It doesn't give me a place to type in a password and I'm pretty sure I already have a SIM card in it..

I have tried to do it in safe mode and it was the same thing except without the SIM card thing. I also tried doing last config which brought me back to the exact thing I was or am at now. If ANYONE can please help me out on this major issue I would be forever grateful and in your debt. Huge thanks in advance:

You should try a file recovery program. There are a lot of them out there. As long as the files haven't been overwritten you should be able to get them back.

take your hard drive to another computer and ghost the data over to discs or another hard drive.
re-format windows on your own rig. dont mess with the registry. lol jk that really sucks ive had to dump my hdd several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom