Antec Nine Hundred Core2Duo Build Log... (56k, grab a snickers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a x1900gt which is basically identical to the x1950pro...and my x1900XT quite a bit faster.

The x1950pro and x1900gt only have 36 shaders, while the x1900xt and x1950xt have 48....makes a big difference.

precutting3.jpg

Why are you cutting the drive bays like that? Just curious.

If I had to guess, I would say he may be planning to mount the HDD's backwards for better cable management, and those slots he's cutting would be to route the wires through so they're behind the mobo tray

Your guess would be spot on! Yes, the drives will be mounted backwards so as to eliminate the ugly rats nest of cables that I have inside the temporary case. At this point, there is only one HDD, but soon there will probably be a few more, and maybe an upgraded GPU. Depends on if I get my bonus in March or not.

nah i took the stand offs out..

but i couldnt get the top part of my case off LOL so i didnt get to completely paint all of mine.

and i like how the new ones have those precut holes

Did you cover the mounting holes at all?? If you didn't, did you have any issues screwing in the mounts?

The top was a pain to take off. There were 2 phillips head screws, and 4 tabs you had to push. It was tricky, because you have to tilt it towards the front of the case, because the tabs at the front of the case are turned 90* from the other ones.

Did you cover the mounting holes at all?? If you didn't, did you have any issues screwing in the mounts?

The top was a pain to take off. There were 2 phillips head screws, and 4 tabs you had to push. It was tricky, because you have to tilt it towards the front of the case, because the tabs at the front of the case are turned 90* from the other ones.

Thats nothing! I took the top panel off my case to paint it and I had to drill out 8 rivets to take it off.

****ing an hour later....

Well, it wasn't the top panel, it was just a big bulky piece of plastic that sits on top of the case. It houses the front panel connectors and the 200mm top mounted fan.... it was only a pain, not a nightmare. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom