Looking to add memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
Hi, I was looking into adding memory to my computer. I have 2 one gig gskillz in there now. I was looking to buying the same gskillz, but i found a pair for 49.99 but it was a diffenent model and i saw a few different models. Here is what I have, newegg
and here is the page that i saw the different models on, i'm not sure what the diffenece is between all of them. newegg

Difference models are for the different timings and overclocking abilities that they have. Gskill ram are referred by the last two letter on the model number. You have the HZ's and the 49.99 one is the NQ's. The HZ's are better and have faster timings, stock. If you want to upgrade to 4GB of ram, do you have 64-bit Vista or XP?

yea, i have 64bit, but it's not on my current hardrive, i have 32bit on there now. But come Christmas I should have a new 400 or 500 gig or shortly after Christmas if i don't get it as a present. so i could put 64bit on there. could i transfer my files from the 150gig i have now to the 500 later if i use the 500 gig as my boot drive, even thought the 32bitXP will be on the 150 and then i could just use my 150 for extra space?

and for the memory, if i now have the hz's would it be a bad thing to put the NQ's or would it be okay. or should i just wait i can buy them rather than have them as a present, cause if my mom pays 130 for a present that would probably be the onlything i'll get

so it'd probably be better just to wait, because if i'm going to be playing games i'll need both performance and memory space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom