freakin confusing first build stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
After reading a lot of reviews I'm incredibly confused. To start, here's the system I just ordered:

CPU- Athlon XP 2500+
Motherboard- Asus A7N8X-X
RAM- Kingston 512 MB (1 stick) PC3200
Hard Drive- 80 GB Western Digital 7200 IDE
Video Card- PNY nVidia GeForce FX5200
Case- Antec Mid-Tower 350W
Optical Drive- Sony CD Burner 52x32x52

This system is just for normal daily operations with very little, if any, gaming. I've got a couple questions and have heard mixed reviews:

(1) There are some complaints about the cheaper Kingston RAM and the Asus A7N8X-X not being compatible. On the other hand, I've heard from some other people that their system worked fine. Are the people having problems trying to overclock, or did they get faulty parts, or have some new drivers fixed the problem?

(2) Will the 350W power supply be enough? I did the power supply calculator, and that said it would be fine, but some people here have recommened at least 420W for similar systems.

Thanks for the help. If you can't tell, this is my first build :)

personally i would never go below a 400Watt PSU... because if u want to do later upgrades, save ur money in the long run... and just buy above 400Watt PSU

350 Watts is fine for now... Like mentioned above, if you ever want to upgrade or add more peripherals... You are going to need a stronger PSU.

You have nothing to worry about the Kingson. It will work just fine.

Goodluck on your system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom