Virtual RAM hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCorsairMalack

Baseband Member
Is there any out there? A utility program or something that will let me allocate more than 128 to my graphics memory? I've got an Nvidia Geforce Go 6150. and I can only turn it up to 128 :( my games demand more...

Any ideas where I could get one? (I'd make it myself, but I have no idea how to program anything but html.)

I'll give you cookies if you tell me!

I want to play TESIV: Oblivion on it. The minimum requirement is 128MB. I think that more RAM would help. Besides, you should only post here if you have an answer.

I want to play TESIV: Oblivion on it. The minimum requirement is 128MB. I think that more RAM would help. Besides, you should only post here if you have an answer.

Even if you could allocate more memory, you'd still be lucky if you could play oblivion on even the lowest settings. I do not know of any emulator that can force additional memory to be used, but you could probably find a hack somewhere.

It's in the CMOS setup. I understand that that will make it harder, but I still have to try. Perhaps a program that just does it in windows after the fact?

first don't hate on Peter.. because his response is correct... OBLIVION IS A HIGHLY DEMANDING GAME

my friend had a similar system to mine... but when i was out of town he got $100.. what he did was buy more RAM, now he has 4gb of RAM, only problem is that he did it for less lag on Oblivion.. guess what? Mission Failed... because his x1300 let him down... BIG TIME

I don't need more RAM. I need a way to dedicate more of what I do have to graphics. My chipset may be a little slow to run OBLIVION, but if I had the recommended video ram, it would help some.

You should seriously just buy a new graphics card. Isn't that 6150 an integrated graphics chip? You shouldn't expect to be playing any games like oblivion on that even with added RAM, no offense.

I agree, you'll be far better off getting a new graphics card.
Find out if your motherboard has an AGP or PCI-E slot.
If it has AGP, you can get a much better card than you have now, but your choices will still be fairly limited.
If you have PCI-E, you can get a much better card than you can in AGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom