3870CF Vs. 8800GT SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
are these the same i posted last week or were those 3750's? this is the same site that wrote that funny article about how the intel something "throw phenom far away" lol....i laughed.
notice the ATi FPS drops when AA/AF is enabled, way more than the nvidia cards.
but also notice the 1920x1200 and above sli or crossfire is gonna help immensely. especially if you have AA/AF enabled.

there is this one posted today by maroon1 that compares a 9700 with two cores disabled. it performs close to an e6600.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/dual-core-comparison-wolfdale-vs-phenom-x2-vs-conroe-160267/

whats funny is that they are all relatively close...of course the intel 45nm wins...but what made me LOL was the fact that even the wolfdale, well...sucks at crysis.
it does have a healthy jump on the phenom though.
i think i'll wait to get the game when they actually MAKE and SELL hardware that can run it.

i believe u, but what about the processors out now? How will those be fixed?
They can't be. To fix the problem, they have to make new chips.

thats cool. To me, it sounds like Crossfire uses a bigger bandwidth for transferring data then SLI, am i right?
It's not the bandwith that's different. It's the way crossfire works.

there is this one posted today by maroon1 that compares a 9700 with two cores disabled. it performs close to an e6600.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/dual-core-comparison-wolfdale-vs-phenom-x2-vs-conroe-160267/

whats funny is that they are all relatively close...of course the intel 45nm wins...but what made me LOL was the fact that even the wolfdale, well...sucks at crysis.
it does have a healthy jump on the phenom though.
i think i'll wait to get the game when they actually MAKE and SELL hardware that can run it.
Why do they seem to always benchmark Phenom's with DDR2-800 RAM with bad timings?

Anyway, The 8800 GTS's struggle a little bit in Crysis on high settings, but can play it fine at medium settings.
The GT should improve Crysis performance.

But I'd like to have a play with crossfired 3870's and see how they handle it.

According to one website, crossfired 3870's will only use slightly more power than a single 8800 GT under load. And even less at idle.
pw.png

SLI 8800 GT vs. Crossfire HD 3870 Benchmarks - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

dude crossfire wipes up SLI as far as high res goes...
i just wish they could improve upon the user interface, and i would be totally interested.
i need a bigger monitor lol.

are these the same i posted last week or were those 3750's? this is the same site that wrote that funny article about how the intel something "throw phenom far away" lol....i laughed.
notice the ATi FPS drops when AA/AF is enabled, way more than the nvidia cards.
but also notice the 1920x1200 and above sli or crossfire is gonna help immensely. especially if you have AA/AF enabled.

ya.. for some reason AMD cards lately have been struggling with those compared to the nVidia cards, maybe this will be patched sometime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom