laptop battery cell replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I opened up my alienware battery pack and the cells have the number ICR18650P1. I can't find them anywhere. I can find ICR18650H3 and was wondering if that would work? Its a lot cheaper to replace the cells then it is to replace the whole battery pack.

just replace the battery as there is a chane you could damage it

WE LOVE YOU NORCENT

I know what I am doing so I know I can fix it. I was just wondering if the voltage, MAh matter? Also does it matter if I use ICR18650H3 lion battery cells?

I know what I am doing so I know I can fix it. I was just wondering if the voltage, MAh matter? Also does it matter if I use ICR18650H3 lion battery cells?

You know what you're doing? If thats true, then there wouldn't be so many threads like this. You don't known and thats why you are here to ask.

You know what you're doing? If thats true, then there wouldn't be so many threads like this. You don't known and thats why you are here to ask.

yeah but you guys are helping me out a lot. Thank you guys. Also I am in training to become A+ certified, network+ certified, ect.

ohh i wish you all the best for that norcent remeber to put the wrong answers as they are usualy the right ones ;)

Where to start...

First of A+ and Network+ certifications have absolutely nothing to do with the principles of electrical engineering and or theory.

Second, mAh wont make a difference. The only thing that matter is that the voltage coming out of the pack stays the same. By that logic as long as each cell outputs the same voltage as before you shouldn't have a problem.

Cant figure that out? Take the cell's output voltage (should be listed on the battery casing) and divide it by the number of cells in the battery. Thus giving you the voltage output of each cell.

Make sure though that when you replace the cells that they are at least as powerful mAh wise as the previous ones, otherwise that **** thing won't get **** for battery life.

*I cannot be held responsible for any damage you may cause to: yourself, your laptop, or the cells.*

ok I don't know where to find a 1.8v lion battery cell. Also that bios problem I was having I just solved. The bios battery was wired to the mobo. I disconnected the wires from the bios battery and used electric tape to hold the contacts on the new bios battery. The computer boots faster now cause I don't have those stupid pop ups in xp saying your date and time are f'd up. I just need to find a buyer now.

ok I don't know where to find a 1.8v lion battery cell. Also that bios problem I was having I just solved. The bios battery was wired to the mobo. I disconnected the wires from the bios battery and used electric tape to hold the contacts on the new bios battery. The computer boots faster now cause I don't have those stupid pop ups in xp saying your date and time are f'd up. I just need to find a buyer now.

Finding the cell would be quite a challenge. There are many "parts" websites but its hard to find the correct one. That's why buying the battery is easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom