help choosing a processor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

escallui

Solid State Member
Im undecided about buying a processor.
my choices are between the Intel E6550 and the Athlon X2 64 6000+...

The price difference is like ten dollars AMD being cheaper.

Any pros and cons of either one?

Which one would you guys prefer out of those two?

thank you for your posts :)

It depends on the type of build planned there. Well that's coming from an AMD fan here. For running large programs and multitasking the 6000+ X2 AM2 model has done quite well here already.

For a gaming build just about everyone will point fingers at the Intel model. But I'm the last one to worry about fps when gaming here. For the work horse type build I couldn't wait any longer for AMD to come out with any quad core models and went with the 6000+ since the 6400+ wasn't in stock at the time.

I avae the Athlon x2 6400+. It's pretty sick and blazing fast. I've got mine overclocked to 3.45ghz at only 30C. The intels can overclock better, but i like AMD plus the price dropped on this cpu. I got mine with a motherboard combo though. Like eye said, if you're gaming intel will be slightly faster, but AMD has beaten intel in other multitasking.

i love my AMD 4000+ it runs way better then my intel e4400 in pretty much everything. its a noticable difference in running things.

also you could get a 5000+ Black Edition if you're into overclocking cause it has the potential to demolish the e6550 clock for clock.
also its cheaper

plus.. increasing the multiplier once gets u to 6400+ speeds (3.2ghz.. ) without all the hassle of the Windsor Core..

Yeah go with the AMD 5000 Black edition, it doesn't come with a heatsink so your forced to buy an aftermarket one, and therefore your able to OC. (even more than it already can!!!) Plus like someone said earlier when your comparing those two processors the AMD will probably fell smoother when doing basic tasks, I heard some rumors somewhere before about Windows being more AMD friendly (Smelled like bs to me, but I'm not a programmer yet so I cant say anything about that). All in All AMD all the way!!!!

i love my AMD 4000+ it runs way better then my intel e4400 in pretty much everything. its a noticable difference in running things.

Did you compare them using the same setup

By looking at your avatar, I can say that your opinion is biased, and you might be lying

According to all benchmarks that I saw, E4400 always had better average performance than 4000+

Check this
X-bit labs - Core 2 Duo E6420, E6320 and E4400 Plus Another 15 Sub-$200 Dual-Core Processors

It have better average performance than 4400+, not only 4000+

also you could get a 5000+ Black Edition if you're into overclocking cause it has the potential to demolish the e6550 clock for clock.

Clock for clock !! ??

Don't try to fool people and spread lies

5000+ @ 3.3GHz only performs 2.5% faster on average than E6550 2.33GHz
AMD's Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition | Tom's Hardware

So, in other word 5000+ should be clocked 1GHz higher than a stock E6550 to beat it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom