8800gtx Dual Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big00wig

Solid State Member
Hello. I am trying to use two monitors. I am wanting each to have a differant picture on them. More importantly and troublesome, Each monitor needs to be a differant resolution. I'm not sure if this can happen. I can't find a setting. One monitor is 1440x900 and the other is 1025x768. The only options I can find are "Clone" and "Span". Span would work other than the resolution differance... Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plug in both monitors and reboot. I had this issue when i was trying to set mine up, i could only clone and span. After you reboot the computer will see both monitors. It will let you run different resolutions, but i still havent figured out how to have a different background picture for each monitor.

Thanks that worked. It still didn't work like I was hoping, I guess my computer isn't powerful enough to run a World of Warcraft account on each monitor. When I was in full screen mode it also wouldn't let me move the mouse to the other monitor. I would think my computer would be capable of this. My specs are on: Xfire - zamauth

Don't you think? I do have everything on maxx though.

No you wont be able to mouse out of the main screen if you are playing in full screen mode. This is why i run WoW in windowed mode maximized in my main monitor so i can mouse over to other stuff on the other monitor. I've never tried running 2 instances of WoW so cant help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom