Building my first computer. 1400$ limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, im pretty sure if you swap boards you'll end up eating 20 bucks in restocking fees. Let us know how the overclocking goes.

For 20 bucks, the Abit board is going to be your better board. The reason we dont like the ocz power supply is the gamexstreme line has been known to have wide fluctuations in the 12v rail, which is not good for your components. The corsair hx520 is a solid PSU, i love mine.

I think you have the GameXStreme mixed up with the Mod Streme
The GameXStreme is rock solid on the 12 volt rails.

The Mod Streme is a different story.

Why does he need X38? Its is useless stick with the P5K deluxe. X48 is coming out soon so if you really want to wait wait for that otherwise their is no need for X38 and that P5K Deluxe will serve you just fine.

Because the x38 board is only 20 bucks more than p5k. X38 overclocks better, x48 will be ddr3 ONLY, and he'd have to pay shipping back to newegg plus a restocking fee. He already recieved the x38 board.

Edit, also one might be inclined to ask why you have such a hardon for the p5k when at this point it will actually cost him money to get it.

thanks for all your help (goes to everyone)
i decieded to stick with the ix38
i sent back the psu, dvddrive, heatsink fan
bought the new psu dvd and fan so ill let everyone know how it goes when i build it

will 520hx be enough for q660, 8800gt, 10k rpm hd, all the fans in my case (900antec)

yep that psu is plenty for all that and more. :)

raid 0 of some nice seagates HDD's would be good.. but if you dont want to do that the raptor X is still a nice HDD ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom