3GB of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels

In Runtime
My motherboard is an Asus P5LD2 SE/C, and I'm using 32-bit Windows XP Home. I currently have 2x512MB, and want to add 2x1GB for a total of 3GB, only I was told that this wasn't possible for some reason. The exact words were: "You can only add RAM in two (ie. 2x1GB or 4x1GB or 4x512MB)."

You can, but you won't see much of a performance jump as you would if you put just the 2x1GB in. with 3GB, even in pairs, you won't utilize the duel channel capability. 2GB is more than capable for 32bit XP.

You can, but you won't see much of a performance jump as you would if you put just the 2x1GB in. with 3GB, even in pairs, you won't utilize the duel channel capability. 2GB is more than capable for 32bit XP.

If he has 2x512mb and adds 2x1gb they will still all run in dual channel mode.

Well I was under the impression that I could add 2x1GB in dual channel, alongside my current 2x512MB in dual channel.

Well I did it, and yes I'm seeing a good improvement. 1 GB was nowhere near enough for me before, considering I had so many slowdowns which have now almost disappeared.

Yeah you'll find some loading times are faster and alt-tabbing out of games doesn't dog down the puter like it used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom