Really strange problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Today I took out my GTS that I sold for (400$...im happy about this..) and put in my 8400gs + 2gb more of ram..

For some reason I push the on button on my computer, the computer boots up... the fans are spinning, the LEDs are nice and bright...
but my LCD monitor says "No source found".

Strange, I thought.
So I took out the two gigs i put in, tried my computer. Same thing.
Tried a CRT. Doesn't work (could be CRT though...)
Tried another Videocard... doesn't work..

I dont know what else to do.. the computer doesn't even post because I can't see the screen!

But I can tell that it's not halting anywhere, you can hear the harddrives running... im going to try another computer with my 8400gs.. if it works then its something between my computer and my LCD..

i need help, advice, or some insight.. thanks!

Is there some fix for this? or is karma getting to me, and fried mobo?

try using the onboard video thats built in the motherboard and go to the BIOS and go to the Primary Video Adapter section and set it as PCI-e instead of Onboard save and exit

If it doesnt have onboard video, then try resetting the BIOS by popping the battery from the motherboard for a few minuted and then plug it back in

Might be tough to root cause this one; I've had a similar issue before and never quite figured out what was wrong (problem went away though). I'll second the suggestion to reset the BIOS.

You may have done this already, but double check your PSU connections all around.

There's no onboard video on that board, so that limits your options. Hopefully it's not an ESD problem with the mobo. Good luck.

The thing that worries me is that my motherboard no longer beeps when something is going wrong. I took all of my ram sticks out... Before when I first got it, it made wierd beeping noises.

I took out my videocard, ram, everything... it just doesn't want to beep!
But for sure power is going to the motherboard.. And I know that my cards aren't bad beacuse the gts was working...

Yah, I tried resetting cmos. no luck.
any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom