Building my first computer. 1400$ limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
so im still waiting on all the parts to arrive before i send anything back.
quick question. is the p5k alot better then the ix38?
because im really impatient and i dont wanna send it back and wait for the other. unless it really worth it. what ya think?

hmm the only reason im leaning on the p5k is because of the crossfire.
is it worth it for the crossfire alone? anything else might make it worth it?

the p5k is the p35 chipset, x38 is x38 chipset.. x38 is aimed more at the enthuasiast platform.. but its not really recommended here because of the price... it overclocks just like p35...

oh man... Isnt P35 motherboards second pci-e slot only x4 speed as opposed to first slot being x16 speed.

If you want best crossfire surely he would want both at x16... the mobo he returned was better for crossfire wasnt it?

:rolleyes:

im not sure about the memspeed thing.

in all honesty "I" really do prefer the ABIT IX38 board.

as someone pointed out to me all P35 mobos second pci-e slot is at x4 speed. The IX38 both slots are x16. Plus its the latest range and has a higher FSB so will last longer.

CPU3D.com - Abit IX38 Quad GT Motherboard

Could someone tell his guy which of them 2 motherboards is better for CrossFire and lovgevity.

other the parts you can change, as they are slightly better.

For 20 bucks, the Abit board is going to be your better board. The reason we dont like the ocz power supply is the gamexstreme line has been known to have wide fluctuations in the 12v rail, which is not good for your components. The corsair hx520 is a solid PSU, i love mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom