Thinking of Upgrading video card or RAM info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrizah

Beta member
Ive got 2g ram, running Intel Core 2 CPU at 2.13 GHz with an Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT. Its the HP Media Center PC m7780n for more info on it. Im wondering if it would be better to get a new video card or more ram and how much it would cost. Im not very good at hardware stuff so any info helps.

hi mate

overclock the cpu and i would get a new graphics card. 2gb DDR2 you got should be ok. how much budget you got to spend on graphics card? and are you a serious gamer or light gamer?

Well I play a lot hah but its mostly WoW, not very serious I know, but Ive been playing Supreme Commander online more often now and I find I get laggy as more and more units get made. I dont know how to overclock my CPU but if its not going to ruin anything Id be willing to do it, as for money I'm not sure if you have a few in mind just toss em out there, nothing crazy like 500$.

He has an HP media center, more likely than not the BIOS is locked.

Supreme commander is a very cpu intensive game, if you are looking for performance specifically in that game then I would advise upgrading the CPU.

he can't overclock... BIOS is locked... I'd recommend an upgrade for that... maybe a Video Card upgrade if u like high settings.. but it should play Low really easily..

Nvidia 8800GT is the graphics card you want. It can be found for around $250 and youll be more then impressed by it. Maybe if you got that... then see how your system is (with no overclocking).. then you got some options from there. If it all runs sweet then dont need anything.. but if the mobo or cpu is letting it down.. one or the other might need to be changed, probably the mobo, then you can overclock your core2duo cpu and get the most out of it. Also does it say somewhere what your powersupply is, name,specs?
You could turn that HP media pc into a HP hardcore gamer pc :D
(overclocking is fairly simple to do) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom