Adding 1 stick of ram, temp increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
Well 2 days ago i purchased another stick of 512mb ram for my pc. Everything went fine and all,but I'm noticing some changes. Well before i added this 2nd stick of ram my pc idled at around 22 degrees celcius. Now after i added the 2nd stick my temps jumped 10 degrees or a little more. I wasn't sure if its normal and wanted to double check. Also every now and then my fans change speed to i guess 100% for no reason. Im guess speedfan has a role to do with this. Its now only doing it after i added the ram. I was just curious about what i have been noticeing and wanted to double check with you guys..

thanks steve

Well... as far as I know sticking in a stick of ram at 512mb shouldn't increase your temperature all that much at all. especially another 10 degrees. Your fans are kicking in more often because of the temperature rising. One thing you can try though just to make sure... take the stick back out... check your temperature for a day... just monitor it throughout that day to see if it jumps at all. If it does... well... then that sucks... otherwise... it still sucks but its not your ram. Hope that helps a bit. What you could do though is get some more cooling in your system... look into that a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom