XP Instability, Frequent BSODs and lock ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt it also be conflicting hardware? If the Sound card and say Video card both wanted to use the same IRQ, wouldnt that also cause this???

Couldnt it also be conflicting hardware? If the Sound card and say Video card both wanted to use the same IRQ, wouldn't that also cause this???

yes, usually it will say something else too when hardware is the problem.

UsernameTaken did it say anything else with it?

Nothing else except the standard bluescreen stuff.

Conflicting programs, maybe, 2142 is really buggy/crashy. My WiFi card and driver suck, could be that too. Bad RAM I hope not.

Use MemTest86 for testing your RAM. Let it sit for a few hours and it will tell you if you have any errors.

If you WiFi drivers are bad that could be causing most of your issues.

I got a new one today
IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000002C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBADB4F85)

FTPFILT.DLL - address BADB4F85 base at BADB4000 datestamp 3d09f81

you are getting too many errors. are you overclocking? what did memtest86 say? you might have a bad mobo or processor

Hey I've been really busy (not really) sorry about not answering. Not overclocking, I will run memtest, but I hope Makaveli is right.

Since my last post I updated nVidia drivers, if I remember right it fixed one bluescreen but now I get a different one (that I used to get before, but now at least one of them is gone).

I used Norton Ghost to make a one time backup to my 320gig drive. I am going to just install my nLite XP onto my 80gig drive, partition it to 35gig XP, 45gig games. The 320gig has my Norton Backup, I might try 64-bit XP if I get bored (but that's a whole seperate discussion)

Back to the wireless card, you can see the reviews on Newegg here
Customer Reviews Of TRENDnet TEW-443PI IEEE 802.11b/g 32-bit PCI 2.2 Bus Master Wireless Adapter Up to 108Mbps Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP (Hex or ASCII), WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK - Retail
It worked fine in Ubuntu for me, but apparently it causes tons of problems in Windows. I'm going to try to pick up a Linksys card, every wireless product in my house is a Linksys (except for the motorola surfboard cable gateway/voip router) and I've never had a problem with them.

just for kicks, this a legit winxp install? regardless if it is "nlited"? 95% of the time such extreme errors are bogus windows installs.

as others are seeing there are way too many errors. Reading this from a spectator pov, the errors are inordinate.

just for kicks, this a legit winxp install? regardless if it is "nlited"? 95% of the time such extreme errors are bogus windows installs.

as others are seeing there are way too many errors. Reading this from a spectator pov, the errors are inordinate.

yes actually it is legit and the current install was not altered with anything. I bought XP and the first one they gave me had an invalid key, so I returned it and got another one with another invalid key, and installed using a valid key. But it was installed using the genuine XP Pro SP2 disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom