Vista seems to be crapping out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milliteq_CEO

In Runtime
OK, well I have a Dell XPS 400, Windows Vista Home Premium, Pentium D 3.20 Ghz, 1022 MB RAM.

It always freezes and it is getting ridiculous. I did a spyware check about 1000 times, following the directions one of the threads here and found no spyware. I defragged it a bunch of times but that isn't doing anything..

Please help a n00b out. Thanks!

So what is it doing? Cant answer if you dont saw what is wrong. Did you install bad drivers or software that isnt Vista compatible?

It just freezes constantly. Sometimes one after another... it usually takes about 2 minutes for the computer to respond.

What applicaitons are you running when it freezes?

did a search
Live Search: Dell

is dell service that bad? ;)

The xps 400 is about 2 years old? This a legit Vista you are using?
might have to do a memory test check

also, not just defrag but run chkdsk yet?

Its a dell. It could be either the memory or the hard drive. Dell uses utter crap for both of those parts.

Its a dell. It could be either the memory or the hard drive. Dell uses utter crap for both of those parts.

Its not that bad. Ihave a Dimension 8400 and my HDD is going just fine. I have replaced my RAM though.:laughing:

It could be that you have to much running at the same time and it bogs the system down.

well, shouldn't these "new age" computers be able to handle FF, WMP, and IE at once? i mean, christ what is the point of paying so much money for garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom