is 400W enough for a 8600GT Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would take a 5000 BE over the 2180, but the 2180 is a definitely a good, low-cost chip (half as much as the 5000). dont know too much about the e4500.

But just curious if you would have read the stickies why would you suggest power supplies like those that are garbage?

ok.. first of all.. u don't know much about PSUs... because u say a Fortron 450w is garbage? in most low-end builds... we recommend this.. I've been here long enough.. and seen this recommended a lot.. I've even used it personally.. and its a GREAT PSU... ask some of the other regulars.. its a good PSU... if fade2black or Saltynay was here.. they'd show u that link with which they ran the 8800gtx in there...

Idk no one really answered my question i know its a bad PSU and what not but will the computer be able to run with that much power? im trying to keep cost under $750 its not for me for a friend

yeh it probably will run the computer, but it could be unstable, dangerous, or dead very soon. Might even be a good psu. Thats the risk you take. Generally no one that knows something about computing uses a case psu.

say to your friend spend bit more or you might fry your hardware.. he'll soon find the $100

better to have a worse case then psu.

yes the fortron will be just fine for that build.
if you are going to want to upgrade your GFX card later, you may want to buy the corsair that was suggested.
although, power usage is getting so low now that by next year you will be able to run an octo-core cpu and 3 high end graphics cards on a 300W psu.
lol i wish.

I currently have a 420W case PSU in the rig in my sig, been running it fine for the past 8 months since my Aspire 520W PSU blew up in smoke.

you bumped a nearly month old thread... he's probably already bought one by now...

lol.. someday (day-dreaming time!!)

in the future our computers will be just one chip like a cpu and itl plug into a socket in the wall, and will stream everythign wirrelessly to your mouse keyboard and monitors and will be infenitlyy powerfull to the point you will never need to upgrade, thats the future i wana live in.

the fps fortron will be very good, for what you need, would be a good idea to get the corsair 520hx tho. and for a cheap case get the cm centurion 5 only like 50 bucks, looks good, and quite roomy, its preaty much the only case you should consider with your budget, i kno that tiger direct has some really good case+ psu bundles, and not with like cheap psu's either like an ultra x3 and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom