What was your first computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the first computer in our house was before the Pentium 2 @ 333MHz with 64MB of RAM and I believe a Rage 128. I just can't recall the specs. I'm pretty sure it was a Pentium at more or less 100Mhz (133 I think), ran 8MB or 16MB of ram, Windows 95, and that's all that I can vaguely recall. I remember playing Death Rally, Pitfall, and F-22 Lightning II on it... good ol' times.

The first computer that was actually mine is in my sig! Still use it today, it's almost 8 years old! :D

The first computer that I actually built is also in my sig, but I sold it recently.

compaq,back in 1999,i was afraid because of the y2k thing,i'm not gonna buy another compaq again but i will always remember my presario,cream color,huge 17" monitor,wow,it last pretty long to me,almost 3.5 years,and you know what? i'm still using the mouse and the jbl speakers.

PC Jr. Intel 8088 4.77 mhz 64k ram!! All I ever played was Ultima and Kings quest. That PC rocked. LOL

It still freaks me out that my first computer had a smaller hard drive than what you can get on a thumb drive now. Seriously, an 8gb thumbdrive costs what, 50 bucks? My parents paid like 3000 bucks for the first computer we had with a 100MB hard drive and 4mb of ram.

compaq,back in 1999,i was afraid because of the y2k thing,i'm not gonna buy another compaq again but i will always remember my presario,cream color,huge 17" monitor,wow,it last pretty long to me,almost 3.5 years,and you know what? i'm still using the mouse and the jbl speakers.

Lol...I think I might be using the same (well, ahem...same case, monitor, speakers...the stupid motherboard blew up on me last month...power issues, it wouldn't stay on) computer.

It was a Presario 5835 PC (Celeron 500MHz, 10GB Quantum Fireball HDD, 128MB RAM, i810 integrated graphics, CD-ROM, CD-RW 4X4X24 with the 2nd CD hidden behind a door panel).

It too had a 17" Compaq MV720 CRT monitor (which I'm using now) and JBL|Pro speakers (pretty awesome speakers too!), also which I'm still using.

I replaced the insides with the stuff listed under Rebuilt Compaq Presario in my sig...stupid thing...but now it runs awesome :)

I keep meaning to dig out my BBC micro an fire it up some time, I got a load of 5.4in floppies knocking around.

My first comp was a Tandy Color Computer 2. A whopping 16KB memory, an external tape drive (my old cassette player), no hard drive, no floppy. Wrote my own programs in BASIC, typed in a lot of others. no printer, but I did have a 4-pen plotter that used rolls of 4" paper. high tech!

I've used computers since I was like 10
But The First One That I can Truly Call MINE was a Sony Vaio
P4 2.4 Ghz
512mb (upgraded to 1GB)
GeForce Mx-4 (?)
80GB
TV tuner
DVD RW
CD ROM

I must say even though Sony Vaios are over priced
they do build quality machines tho :)
that thing is still up and running without a hitch