Solid Slate Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
I wanted to see you guys stance on the SSD (Solid Slate Disk), think they're good for atleast an OS, and Office. I am thinking about getting a 32GB Samsung SSD just for my OS and Office. I think it would be 1/2 the time of a regular HDD to start up and shutdown, not to mention program load times. Anyone think its a good idea just for an OS and office even though its $400? These seem to be the future way of transporting data due to the reliability and less chance of failure, hopefully they will come out with a 3.5" SSD Drive soon.

Maybe worth it in laptops if you can afford it... but in desktops right now it is just foolish. Eventually we will all be using them, however.

Solid Snake Disk. No they arent worth it atm. The cost per GB is around 8x that of a standard drive.

ya gert a raptor x 150 gb, or you can raid0 2 32gb raptors, which is very fast for boot up and loading, i speak of experience i used to own them, it also helped with fps in oblivion a litle.

Raptors aren't worth it either.

The Samsung F1 is probably the fastest 7200rpm drive out at the moment...and you get 500gb-1tb capacities...not 72gb or 36 lol!

if you got the money for ssd's i totally say go for it.. i've been doig my fair reading on em.. maybe get two of the smallest capacitys in raid.. that would just be nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom