New Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.. another simple way of looking at it rich.

Prices. Look at the prices. Why is does ultra cost this much?
Asus GeForce 8800 Ultra HTDP 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

now look.. compare specs.. this is the most expensive 8600GTS there is
BFG GeForce 8600 GTS OC2 ThermoIntelligence 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

"Generally" they dont make powerful cards for cheap and vice versa.. It has a high price tag cos its KNOWN to be more powerful.

£450= ultra
£350= gtx
£250= gts
£175= gt *bit of an exception to the rule as it outperforms a gts but thats just aggressive pricing by nvidia*
£119= One of the best 8600GTS

you really think sli'ing 2x 8600GTS for £220 would outperform an ultra even a gtx. Mate we all would wish that was true but it aint.

I wish a packet of cigs was £200,000 and a Ferarri was £5. :(

You get what you pay for. ;)

wow you guys are pretty stupid,
@ Rich_Franklin: I owned 8600GT's and they don't even compare to my friend's 8800GTX let alone an ultra, even though He has a Q6600 and I only have a e6750, but I bet they don't really bottleneck it that much.
@ the rest of you dumb ***'s: seriously ! get a life, defending your opinion online is not going to get you anywhere, if someone doesn't believe you while you provide all the evidence in the world, WHY WOULD YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONVINCE HIM? that's just worthless, think about it, just stop trying, state your opinion, and if they don't accept it, it's not the end of the world.

hypocrite much?

nice price for a 8800GT.. thou i prefer the 512mb version only for the higher res.

that shows even more how stupid it is to buy a 8600GT/GTS over a 8800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom