CPU choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

heXTT

Baseband Member
This might have been discussed before, but...

Q6600 VS E6700 for pure gaming applications. I would probably try to OC a bit.

Note that the 6700 is ~$100 cheaper than the quadcore, more bang for buck? I don't know.

Or should I spend the same as a Q6600 on a E6850? Or push a little more than the 6700 and get a 6750? Opinions? Comments?

I would get Q6600 because it is more future proof

In some games that can utilize 4 cores such as UT3, Q6600 outperfroms E6750

15806.png

Your going to OC anyways so even if didn't take advantage of the extra two cores, you'll still have the same clock speeds. Q6600 ftw

IF you can wait get the new 45nm chips coming out in Jan for a TRUE quad core, if not, gofor the q6600 ftw

4 brains is better then 2 is what my mumma used to tell me :D

i think a quadcore will last us nicely till Nehalem comes out, and even beyond.

The 45nm cpus from intel are NOT true quad cores. They are still going to be a dual dual core. Nehalem is the first true quad from intel.

Ya, nehalem will be the first native quad core. But yorkfield is gonna be hawt once it releases.

dont really matter if its native or not, a C2Q is beating a True Quad AMD isnt it? and you say Penryn is still C2Q?

YORKFIELD YORKFIELD

ok now that i got that out of my system........

e6700 is priced that high to fool n00bs who don't know about q6600's being so cheap.. thats my opinion...

Meh, penryn is still right. Its what its codename was before they ever announced the different specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom