Not open for further replies.
like it matters.. an 8800ultra scores 13k+ with that system probably:

this was its specs:

e6750 @ 3.4ghz
Corsair XMS2 2gb Kit
evga 680i
OCZ GameXStream...

etc etc

the rest doesn't matter.. because its just like Krazyq's system... except for the RAM and board... which wouldn't affect the score too much...

and since they are around the same and Krazyq has an 8800ultra... his scores around 14k.. and i've just proved that two 8600gt doesn't beat or even come close to beating an Ultra

Don't believe me?
also.. the 8800ultra performs about 2x faster (maybe more) than the 8600gt, and SLi doesn't double performance.. making it impossible to match or even beat an 8800ultra

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/modules/FCKeditor/Upload/Image/MSI8600SLI/3dmark.jpg

There is the benchmarks again. Also, that is 8600GT in SLI and it is OC'ed. And if you think that beats an 8800 Ultra, or even an 8800GT, you probably don't even know how to OC.

The specs for that benchmark are either comparable or greater than mine (the processor certainly is) and I get 11,000 in 3dmark06 with my 8800GT. There you are wrong. Now go home.

Also, I upgraded from a 512MB 8600GTS which is an "amazing" card compared to an 8600GT piece of crap. And the 8800GT makes the 8600GTS look WORSE than a piece of crap. There is not ONE SINGLE REASON to purchase a card other than an 8800GT, for the next couple of weeks......until the 512MB 8800GTS comes out.

Just be glad I'm not a mod, if I was I would consider it a bannable offense for recommending an 8600GT SLI over an 8800GT. Some people honestly don't know, but they don't act like they know. That isn't the case with you Franklin.

SLI adds 40% on average in games which support it.
Exactly.
While SLI might be a good way to break world records, or to increase speeds beyond what one of the highest end cards would, it isn't very cost effective.

Crossfire is more efficient than SLI. But it still isn't 100% efficient most of the time (although occasionally, it is)

Generally, most people shouldn't use SLI or crossfire.

Though I must admit, I am finding crossfired HD 3870's quite attractive. They are cheap cards compared to 8800 GTX's and Ultra's. And crossfired, they will perform better than either.

As a single card, the HD 3870 won't beat an 8800 GT. But two HD 3870's in crossfire will perform better than two 8800 GT's in SLI

wow you guys are pretty stupid,
@ Rich_Franklin: I owned 8600GT's and they don't even compare to my friend's 8800GTX let alone an ultra, even though He has a Q6600 and I only have a e6750, but I bet they don't really bottleneck it that much.
@ the rest of you dumb ***'s: seriously ! get a life, defending your opinion online is not going to get you anywhere, if someone doesn't believe you while you provide all the evidence in the world, WHY WOULD YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONVINCE HIM? that's just worthless, think about it, just stop trying, state your opinion, and if they don't accept it, it's not the end of the world.

wow you guys are pretty stupid,
@ Rich_Franklin: I owned 8600GT's and they don't even compare to my friend's 8800GTX let alone an ultra, even though He has a Q6600 and I only have a e6750, but I bet they don't really bottleneck it that much.
@ the rest of you dumb ***'s: seriously ! get a life, defending your opinion online is not going to get you anywhere, if someone doesn't believe you while you provide all the evidence in the world, WHY WOULD YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONVINCE HIM? that's just worthless, think about it, just stop trying, state your opinion, and if they don't accept it, it's not the end of the world.
Calm down dude.
WHY WOULD YOU KEEP TRYING TO CONVINCE HIM?
1. because we can
2. why not?

I'm calm, but I just get annoyed at the people on here that just always have to be right, and if someone else states a different opinion they just call him stupid, and while they don't own any of the equipment, they try to state opinions based on benchmarks that websites put out to attract viewers. I'm not saying the reviews aren't legit, but many times they are off by a little bit, and the testing gear is different, so if someone has a different set up, maybe 8600GT's work better on person number 1's comp, because they have lower end hardware, not all of us won the genetic lottery, or are old enough or rich enough to buy top end hardware. and because it seems that this guy cannot be convinced, because he has personally owned both cards, I will not argue with him. Just saying, he doesn't seem to be the type of guy that's gonna just say sorry and admit that people sometimes are wrong.

I'm calm, but I just get annoyed at the people on here that just always have to be right, and if someone else states a different opinion they just call him stupid, and while they don't own any of the equipment, they try to state opinions based on benchmarks that websites put out to attract viewers. I'm not saying the reviews aren't legit, but many times they are off by a little bit, and the testing gear is different, so if someone has a different set up, maybe 8600GT's work better on person number 1's comp, because they have lower end hardware, not all of us won the genetic lottery, or are old enough or rich enough to buy top end hardware. and because it seems that this guy cannot be convinced, because he has personally owned both cards, I will not argue with him. Just saying, he doesn't seem to be the type of guy that's gonna just say sorry and admit that people sometimes are wrong.
but that doesn't mean we can't try to convince him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom