i need serious advice and opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm... u should have atleast 2 fans not including the one on ur CPU.. cuz i have 3 fans (includin tha one on my CPU).. and read my signature thats whats in my tower, and i dont have that many fans, but mine runs fine!! are u sure its heatin up.. it could be goin/went bad!! cuz i had my CPU for like a few weeks, and my computer would just restart while i was playin a game or somethin, and i thought it was from over heatin.. but it was cuz the people didnt install the chip correctly or somethin and it went bad fast.. so it could be either

so u might need to replace ur CPU because it could be that its goin bad.. it sucks.. but i just sent my computer back and had em replace it for free!! and it runs fine... so i know it wasnt from over heatin.. good luck

i am pretty sure its not the processor...and it is heating up because when i opened my PC and checked it out the thermal grease was dry and cracked...i put more on and it is starting to do it again.... maybe i should get like 2 more fans and a new CPU fan

how much grease are you putting on? you should only be applying a tiny (pea size) dot, then spreading it VERY thin with a credit card or something clean and straight-edged. If you put too much on, or don't thin it out, it will actually have the opposite effect and heat things up.

yeah you should apply the grease paper thin, and try it again, and a few more case fans wouldnt hurt. You should probably look on google for CPU-Z so you can actually see what core you have or I guess that I could just give you a link to it.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php#download

Download that and run it and you will see all of your computers main settings like FSB your processors core and stuff like that

Good Luck

hmm.. and if that doesnt work... u should invest in another fan and maybe even a new CPU fan like u were talkin about.. thats prolly what u should do, u can get fans for like $5-7 !!

hahah really? because I used the whole tube of the grease on my processors. I'm running dual Xeons on my server, prestonia core. I've only seen them top about 46*C, which is a little hot. I'm also using the fans that came in the box. I could see why the grease can cause a negative effect, I'll wipe some off the next time I do some maintenance on the server.

More and more fans won't always do the trick. Try opening your case when you're running the computer, ususally since the computer is so muffled up it heats up quickly. Try buying fans which can push a lot more air, ones with higher CFM. Also you can try getting new heatsinks. If all else fails try freon cooling!

thats how much greaase i put on just pea-sized....i have studied up before i started building...i think its the threshold settings in my active monitor because they seem kinda low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom