Bad Temps, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakebrick

Baseband Member
Well, I got myself a new processor a few months ago, an e6750, and an asus p5k-vm to go with it. Anyway, when I first got the processor, I obviously overclocked it as much as I could. After a few weeks of letting it warm up, and bumping it up notches I got it to about 3.4 with the stock cooling at 1.35 v-core. I use coretemp (95.4, the one that gives the right temps) to measure my temperatures, and back when I had it to 3.4 it never (even with prime 95) went above 60. Something happened, and it got reset to stock settings and I never had a chance to re-clock it for a month or so. So today, I decide to run prime95 to see what my temps would be like stock, and they go up to about 65 and plateau there... with stock settings! I don't know the problem, but if anyone can help me, I am up for anything. I know I need new cooling too, but my temps shouldn't go up (with the same cooling) if I have it at stock. Also, the ambient temp in my room probably went up 3 - 4 degress, but I don't think that has much to do with it. Thanks for reading all this.

Clean your case out and make sure no dust is there. Check your fans to see if they are running at the right speed. Just check all the simple sh1t.

I thought of that after I posted, and gave everything a quick clean, but there was practically no dust at all, it's a pretty new pc. My idle temps right now are 43, 40 and the temperature in my room is 19.5. When I ran prime95 last, the ambient was about 21. I also checked to make sure the contact of the cooler was good and the speeds, I am really stuck.

Edit: I am at 43, 40, and speedstep is ENABLED, so it's only running a 6 multiplyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom