thenovices

Solid State Member
my rig:

PSU: Thermaltake TR2-430W
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
RAM: 2x1GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-800
Gfx: XFX GeForce 7900GS
CPU Cooling: Arctic Cooling Pro 7

I want to clock my CPU to at least 3.2 GHz, but I am worried about whether I will be held back by my PSU. Any comments?

You may be right, that is right on the edge of being underpowered for the whole system I think..

But just curious, how many Amps does it have on the 12 volt rail(s)

yeah, i've only had the computer for the few days.
i'll probably just use it for 2 weeks or so before i start ocing it.

the PSU supplies 18A on the 12V rail.

grr... all these people saying that 400W is enough to power up a crazy rig with 8800GTs... Made me think 430W was enough.

What is this "breaking in" nonsense. I pushed my q6600 to 3.6ghz within a few hours of getting windows installed :p Finally got vista installed on the media rig last night, so i'm going to start oc'ing my e2180 tonight. Also i'll have my ballistix tonight so that should help.

Interesting. Never heard of burning in a CPU. I know on some cars you are supposed to break the engine in a certain way, but with electronics i figured they were tested enough at factory.

I needed 1.5v to get fsb 330. We'll see in a few days if this phenomenon works or not or I just believe it works. Thats the arguement that they were tested enough from the factory and why would the end user need to burn they're cpu in.

Interesting read. I did run my q6600 at stock volts but overclocked as high as i could on stock volts for awhile before i went for the big boy overclock. Maybe i inadvertantly burned it in? Heh odd stuff this "technology".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom