HD 3850 overclocking and Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 overclocking help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I need a program that I can use to overclock my hd 3850 effectively and test it for artifacts. Also I was looking through the bios on my board and it only shows voltages and a cpu ratio as well as a fsb adjuster. Are there any more settings somewhere for other ratios for ram and timings or do i have update the bios?

Thank you so much. Now just have to figure out this bios. I know how to overclock correctly but with now ram timings and dividers available, its kinda hard. lol. I bet theres a secret menu or its in need of a bios upgrade.

I haven't messed much with OC. I was walked through it the first time, and I haven't OC this CPU yet. The RAM timings have never made sense to me.

pepsiboy, do you love your 3850 as much as i do?!?!?!?!! lol.

i haven't started to oc my rig yet. im waiting for 3dmark to finish downloading.... effing hour and a half... then im gonna do stock and overclocked runs on 3dmark.

Ran 3dmark06 with everything at stock except video card which was at 770/1004 (card should clear up to 1050 on memory but CCC only let the core go up to 770) and got 7,343 I think. This bios overclocking on this board is crap and I think I will try to flash the bios if its not the latest version. I've had some problems playing games but I think it was just windows or something. Lots of tearing even with vsync on or w/e and some games skip.

I got the video card from 668/1650 to 770/2008. I still have some left on the core I bet since the temps dont go above 53 degrees celcius on load with the fan speed at 100% which isnt even that loud and the memory like I said should clear to 2100 but I am not too sure about that.

**** son. i got a 6553 on 3dmark everything stock. and dayum that card can go a long way.

did you use rivatuner or atitools.

So whats the 3850 like? Im planning on getting one. Peter what card did you have before, and how much of an improvment over it is the 3850?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom