New Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey apol,b1,naga,sora, and everyone else.
Could you get it in frankies head that 8800gt pwns 8600gt in sli...pls?
thank you.
then we can get back to helping ppl

Well on paper they obviously can't match up, because an 8600GT only has 32 stream processors. Then there's the RAM issue of 256 x 2 vs. 768 MB. Honestly I could care less if one person says that their experience of SLI 8600GTs was equivalent to an Ultra, because every other thing I know goes against that -- at least when it comes to overall performance.

I asked b1gapl on Pidgin:

if u don't take my word for it, i asked who i think is one of the smartest people on this forum:

(7:03:30 PM) Vernon: b1gapl.. i know i'm not a genius in computers but doesn't an 8800ultra or a 8800gt blow away the 8600gt SLi
(7:03:55 PM) b1gapl: its a no brainer...of course
(7:04:13 PM) Vernon: i can't seem to convince Rich_Franklin of that
(7:04:33 PM) b1gapl: lol...then get many of the tech forums members to post their opinion

and he agrees.. 8800gt > 8600gt SLi by a landslide same with an 8800ultra > 8600GT SLi

i quoted him and my quote in which I quoted him...

Well on paper they obviously can't match up, because an 8600GT only has 32 stream processors. Then there's the RAM issue of 256 x 2 vs. 768 MB. Honestly I could care less if one person says that their experience of SLI 8600GTs was equivalent to an Ultra, because every other thing I know goes against that -- at least when it comes to overall performance.

theres also a matter of the 128 bandwidth bus.. and that a lot of em use gddr2, and less amount of Stream Processor Clock and Stream Processors

u want 3dmark06 scores with 8800ultras?? check the stickies.. you see how high they score.. and how low this performed...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/tech-forums-official-3dmark06-top-list-153414/

look for the 8800gt's and the 8800ultras.... not one of them scored under 10k except for Hunter, but his Opteron held him back some...

e6750 @ 3.4ghz
Corsair XMS2 2gb Kit
evga 680i
OCZ GameXStream...

that was the test system... similar to what my fellow Indian bro Krazyq has... but he had an e6550 but these are same speeds as that e6750...

ok... 8600gt SLi: 8713 3dmarks and this was a super clocked card.. so the generic 8600gt is slower...
8800ultra: 13,000 something 3dmarks..

last time i checked... 13000 > 8713

See how easy that was? Now I have benchmarks and facts. It's about time you had something to back up your statements on. The other people in this thread just seem to like flaming and are immature teenagers or something and didn't really help your case at all. I think it's sad that you guys get all bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you. Learn how to debate without flaming please.

your the one who keeps dis agreeing, when we know the facts.
I have an ultra and i know how it performs.
I also know ppl with 8600gt setups and they dont even get close to a single 8800gt.

See how easy that was? Now I have benchmarks and facts. It's about time you had something to back up your statements on. The other people in this thread just seem to like flaming and are immature teenagers or something and didn't really help your case at all. I think it's sad that you guys get all bent out of shape when someone disagrees with you. Learn how to debate without flaming please.

i said this almost an 2 hours ago....

like it matters.. an 8800ultra scores 13k+ with that system probably:

this was its specs:

e6750 @ 3.4ghz
Corsair XMS2 2gb Kit
evga 680i
OCZ GameXStream...

etc etc

the rest doesn't matter.. because its just like Krazyq's system... except for the RAM and board... which wouldn't affect the score too much...

and since they are around the same and Krazyq has an 8800ultra... his scores around 14k..
and i've just proved that two 8600gt doesn't beat or even come close to beating an Ultra

Don't believe me?
also.. the 8800ultra performs about 2x faster (maybe more) than the 8600gt, and SLi doesn't double performance.. making it impossible to match or even beat an 8800ultra

i just paraphrased it... u still said.. no benchmarks and all that B.S.

There was nothing to debate; you just refused to accept facts. Perhaps the aggression in attempting to shove the fact down your throat was not as acceptable as other methods one would prefer, but understandably to certain people, the fact that an Ultra beats SLI 8600 GTs is like knowing 2 plus 2 equals 4.

Edit: Perhaps now you might consider what caused your former Ultra to be seemingly defeated by your 8600GT SLI setup.

This whole discussion is quite hilarious.

SLI adds 40% on average in games which support it.

On Toms hardware vga charts I'll compare an 8800ultra to an 8600gt & gts.

Dark Mesiah on highest settings - ultra = 45.5fps, 8600gt = 9.1, 8600gts = 9.5

Doom 3 all high - ultra = 121, gts = 36.6, gt = 30.2

Oblivion on high - ultra = 30.5, gt = 7, gts = 8.6

3dmark06 sm2 @ 1024x768 - ultra = 5772, gt = 2433, gts = 2983

Vernongs theory that SLI at best adds 40% yet the ultra is twice as fast is actually an understatement. Its more like 3-5 times faster.

I know before you say it, I never owned 8600's in SLI but a 30 second benchmark search could prevent pages of bs discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom