xp install errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michowski

In Runtime
Welp I got a brand new system here. MSI p35 plat, core 2 duo 2.33ghz, ocz 600 watt ps, 8600 nvidia, patriot 2 gig dual channel. I try to install xp and at the end when its installing I get these errors.

wmp.dll
wmsdmoe2.dll
wmvdmod.dll
ntkrnlmp.dll
ntkrpamp.exe

then when I hit escape and skip the errors when it gets to 100% I get a blue screen that says page fault in nonpaged area. Everything here is brand new.

ive tried 3 different roms, 2 hard drives, 2 boards now, 2 xp cd's (legit ones). Everytime I get the same errors. I have the audio turned off in the bios. Just about everything turned off in the bios except like the drives. Im clueless as to why this is happening. Everything is brand new. Memory reads fine, jumpers are all in order and cables attatched right. I really hope somebody has an answer here.

Ive got the same problem with the errors but my xp disk is scratched to ****, everything seems ok apart from a dodgey wirless connection. What are the costs of having loads of errors??

mine arent scratched. Ive even cleaned them with one of them hand held machines. Disks are good. Im clueless to this. Only thing I havent done is try different memory because I dont have ddr2. But the board does pick up both sticks in dual channel mode and single mode so im gonna guess and say there ok.

welp I took a stick of memory out and it worked just fine. Im gonna buy different memory and rma these 2 sticks. Patriot memory blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom