Opinions on new gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
why the competition?

i thought this was about helping people... if u came to race build posting.. u came to the wrong place..

there aint mate.. its a joke. hehe? bit of light hearted rivalry. oh well

appart from mobo i said the same build. so 19394. Its a draw :) we both win a beer.

great 3dmark score mate.. shows we know a good system. SLi is the way i have to agree with that if im recommending an Nvidia build... NOW i will always say SLi. ;)

lighten up vernong im joking is that bothering you? didnt this Person.. get the help he wanted.. he got 2 people to say pretty much the same build. except mobo which we further discussed and come to the conclusion that sli is the way.. with me trying to make a little joke in there. whats the problem?

To OP: yeh go with what veedubfreak said.... thats one sensational gaming computer.

No discussion of alcohol. I'm at work and dont have any booze to look forward to at home. And i'm not in the mood to go to wal-mart after work.

^ lol...

but i like CF better than SLi... it scales better and a lot of my favorite chipsets (cough cough p35) support Crossfire...

well... if OP wants a completely insane monster system.. he could always get the same specs as veedubfreak but with a Crossfire X mobo and wait to get 3870 X2 (Quadfire)... that should get an amazing 3DMark06 score. Also has the option to upgrade the cpu to a Penryn later.

tbh.. im still on the fence between nvidia and ati, as its a very interesting situation theyre in at the moment.

lol not another word about beer. :)

ladies... Lets not get your nickers in a knot.

Now, Wanta suggest a good MB? I don't care ATI or Nvidia. Actually AMD or Intel.

I would however like upgradeable in a few years...As you notice, I'm not going too cheap...

well.. in a few years.. AMD should be moving to the AM3.. so i don't see upgradability as easy.. cuz it'll need some new hardware like DDR3

Also in a few years nehalem will be out at 32nm and running ddr3. Just get a 680i board if you plan on going nvidia card or p35/x38 if you plan on going ati card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom