Building my first computer. 1400$ limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the ix38 because its pci e 2.0 compatible.
and the p5k didnt have sli so i thought i rather go with sli, even tho i bought just one 8800 gts oc for now but if i will need another in the future i can always add one. and i read somewhere that it will utilize the pci e 2.0. and so will the newer cards.
i can always send back the motherboard and get a diff one if my choice is horrible.

edit : another reason i didnt get the p5k is because i think the cpu is strong enough for no need to oc it.
i might need to oc the ram tho

the x38 isnt pci-e 2.0 its just compatible, which they seem to be usign as a gimmick as all pci-e slots are 2.0 compatible, so far the only 2.0 mobo's are the am2+ ones.

so if there is a better suited mb for the same price or cheaper. i dont mind returning it for the better. just let me know if i should change it and for what. maybe i can call the support and return it before they even ship it to save some time.
thnx again i appreciate the help.

if sli isnt really important. like i can upgrade the video card when its outdated then maybe i should switch back to the p5k?

Also X38 is crossfire just like the P5K not SLi which is why I suggest if you really want SLI wait for the 7xxx series to come out.

Otherwise the X38 is not worth it and its better to go with a P35 chipset such as the P5K.

Also what did you decide on as for heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom