8800 GT or 8800 GTS 640 xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe1

Baseband Member
I've bought the xfx GTS 640mb xxx clocked to 600mhz. How does the 8800 GT compare is it worth changing my GTS ? and also will xfx allow me to swap with there 90 day thing ?

Only eVga does the step up. If you are still within your 30 day return, i would return it for a GT 512.

No idea on the 90-day thing....

But the 8800GT is significantly faster than the 8800GTS. Whether it's worth swapping is entirely up to you.

If it were me I'd buy a 8800GT and sell the 8800GTS right now on ebay or something before prices plummet...but I am always buying/selling new hardware.

personally i wouldnt i have tried both in not so graphic games the Gt is fine in more higher end graphic games like Call to duty 4 abd cyris the xfx GTS 640mb will come out ahead , the memory speed increase is ok but not when you are really using all the power of the card .

personally i wouldnt i have tried both in not so graphic games the Gt is fine in more higher end graphic games like Call to duty 4 abd cyris the xfx GTS 640mb will come out ahead , the memory speed increase is ok but not when you are really using all the power of the card .

what? :confused:

You do know that the GT has the new G92 architecture thus making it faster for any game, it doesn't matter what game you play it on. And what you said made no sense, the 8800GTS will never come close to the 8800GT in terms of speeds, how would the 8800GTS come out on top? Makes no sense! haha.:freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom