All of my Vista woes are gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrestcupp

Daemon Poster
I have finally figured out all of my problems with Vista and it turns out that none of my problems were because of Vista.

My first complaint was that all of my games (even older ones like Halo: Combat Evolved) would play fine for about 5 minutes, then become choppy. I thought maybe I didn't have enough memory. I never had trouble in XP, so I thought Vista sucked. Well, I found out my video card was physically blown and that was causing my trouble. I've been using my crappy on board video and I finally got a decent new card yesterday and everything runs like a charm.

After that I only had two complaints. 1 - I couldn't get Vista to ever shut down without a hard power down, and 2 - Every time I started Windows up or it came out of sleep mode it would give me some error about one of my USB devices not working properly even though everything did work (a minor annoyance). I googled around and found that the shut down issue was probably a driver issue. So I did what I should have done a long time ago and I installed the Vista drivers for my motherboard. Guess what. It took care of both issues.

So now everything runs great and I no longer have any complaints. I guess if you have working hardware and you install all of the correct drivers, Vista isn't that bad of an OS.

Who would have thought installing the proper drivers would fix your problems ;) I still cant get my 3 card setup working in vista though, so its on the backburner.

bravo, welcome to the club of more logical analysis ;)
Vista is good, does it's job well at being an Operating System...

In time others wil realize it is not a "get this hardware working" or "get this game to work" application...it is in fact and operating system. And game makers, app devs and hardware devs will have to work with making things work with the operating system, not vice versa. Though thankfully, MS does indeed help along in that process.

Ahhh, too many youngsters these days, deprived of the days of searching bbs's for drivers for Dos and the new fangled Windows 3.1 ;)

autoexec.bat
config.sys

mscdexe
himem.sys
emm386.exe

switches galore :p

I'm in the process of putting home premium 32 on my media server, but cant get the raid drivers to work on my ds3r. And of course, i forgot to bring the disks with me to work today so i could make a floppy. Gaming machine has no floppy drive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom