Building A Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmp0816

Banned
Hi,

I really want to build myself a laptop. I have built PC's for a long time now, and want to try a laptop. The only problem I am having is finding the neccessary parts. Where can I go to get just a laptop chassis and motherboard? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything. Any hale is appreciated, thanks.

the problem is that there's no atx standard like with desktops. This means your part supply will be very limited and there won't be much of an upgrade path if any.

Coming from somebody who pretty much built his own laptop, I wouldn't recommend it. I spent too much money on parts when I could have bought a pre built laptop with better specs for cheaper.

I understand it may be cheaper to just buy a pre built laptop, but what's the fun in that. Can you maybe give me some info on where you bought parts. I really like the look of the i buy power computers, especially this one:

IBuyPower Computer :: Battalion 101 CLX Ultra

but I don't like the hardware in it. Is there any way I can change the hardware in there, not through their site.

1 more thing, if I don't build a laptop and just buy one are cyberpower and ibuypower laptops good? What are your recomendations for laptops. I really like the styles of their laptops, but are the parts usually good quality with them. Also, why does cyberpower have this ugly logo that does not match the case only on the black awsome cases? Can that be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom