diff. between core clock and memory clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedogg42

Baseband Member
im a total noob to overclocking and i was just trying to OC a crappy video card today (geforce3 ti 200) and i figured out how and everything (not that thats an accomplishment worth noting) but i was wondering...

orginal speed on card 175/400, i have it OC to 211/454, any further starts with very occasional artifacts or whatever they're called.....

could i raise the core speed and reduce the memory speed to speed it up better? i know that my comp does better than it did before i OCed (aquamark score went from high 10ks to high 13ks) but is there a better ratio to improve the scores more (i.e. raising core to 230 and reducing memory to 430 or something like that......) i hope im making sense...thanks for the help.....

Crappy videocard? You are dumb, the Ge3Ti200 owns, I'm pushing 12k with it. (2001SE)

On a video card the memory and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) are totally sperate, except they share the same power source.

On some graphics cards the heatsink covers both the GPU and the memory, the GPU temperature is a lot higher than the memory temperature and the heatsink ends up absorbing the heat from the GPU and dumping it on the memory - this can cause artifacts (you were right :)).

36MHz and 54MHz is a good overclock in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom