Why is my laptop faster than my desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpfan18

Baseband Member
My desktop is currently running on an Athlon 64 X2 +6000, 2 gigs of ram, 7900 gt KO, and win XP. The specs for the laptop are Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G1S-A1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7500(2.20GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 2GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - Retail

Why is it that my desktop can't run newer games on high/max settings while my laptop can? It doesn't make sense to me. For example my desktop can barely handle Tabula Rasa on Normal Settings, while my laptop can handle the game on maximum settings.

how old is the desktop it is likely that you have filled it up with random crud from the internet and have slowly ground it down to a halt. Try reinstalling Xp....... Then overclock the gpu and cpu

Your laptop is high performance near top of the line and has one of the best mobile graphics chips available so with your desktop in a dilapidated state it will outperform.

Monitor resolution perhaps? Unless you actually use a 15" with your desktop that is.

I reformatted the desktop last Saturday. My laptop has a 15.4 inch screen with 1680 x 1050 resolution. I'm playing on my desktop on a 17 inch widescreen with 1440x900 resolution. Could that be why?

Laptops always get the good screens. Its just the desktop monitors that get the shaft. But ya, i was thinking resolution myself, sounds like something might be wrong with your desktop.

PS i play tabula rasa on max settings a 1920x1200 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom