My Recovery Disk is Scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Hello, My windows Vista disc that Came with my Fujitsu Siemens Laptop Isnt Working, I Looked underneath and there was loads of scratches and finger marks, Can Fujitsu Send another one to you ?

My laptop is:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1705

This is weird, i Rang fujitsu about my Vista Recovery CD being scratched and if i can have a new one this is the conversation

FUJITSU: Can We have your Serial Number
Me: Yep, Blah Blahh....
FUJITSU: So What seems to be the problem
Me: Well what it is my Vista Basic Recovery CD is Scratched and im Wondering if You could send me a new one
FUJITSU: One Second...
FUJITSU: Nope We dont put Recovery CD's with the Laptops
Me: Well i Got one right here, Where i purchased my laptop From
FUJITSU: Well, Its best to go To the Retailer you got it from as We dont ship recovery CD's inside the Box

I Dont Get it ?

Proof of CD: (My digital Camera Really Sucks So Text isnt Clear ) But you can just Make out the words

P9240106.jpg

Now a days they dont ship CD's anymore. They use Recovery Partitions on the hard drives fo the PC sent out. Sometimes the partition is hiden other times it isnt. So they are correct in saying that they dont send them out anymore.

Try and get one thru a torrent.

Like Makaveli213 said, most manufacturers give you your recovery data on a small partition and they include a program for you to create your own DVD. It is possible that whatever store you bought your laptop from is the one that made the recovery DVD for you and they just include them with their computers as a service to their customers. You could either ask the retailer about it, see if there is a recovery partition and DVD creating program on your computer, or find a torrent for OEM Vista like Makaveli said.

Then you dont have much choice but to go to a retailer and see if they can get you a new disc. Will cost you around $25-$30. It aint that cheap for just a dumb DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom