More GeForce 8800GTS 512 Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
More GeForce 8800GTS 512 Info

More information and pictures of the upcoming GeForce 8800GTS 512 have popped up on the internet. You'll need a translator for both sites but the pictures are universal. The cooler seems to have people talking because it has a slant to it.

NVIDIA Delays GeForce 8800 GTS

While the title of this news item sounds a bit on the drastic side, the “delay” means that the GeForce 8800GTS will now ship on December 11th. I'll let you guys decide whether that is a big deal or not.

The new GeForce 8800GTS 512MB cards will replace the previous generation GeForce 8800GTS 640MB cards with a 65nm process GPU, supporting PCI Express 2.0, HDMI and PureVideo Gen2. The GPU will have 128 streaming processors, 970MHz GDDR3 memory frequency, 650MHz core frequency and a maximum TDP of 140W, according to the sources.

I can translate the French, being that I am a Quebecer...

It reads:

"The New 8800GTS Looks Weird
They drinking much at Nvidia?

As was announced on Matbe.com, the new 8800GTS will be delayed, initially announced first for December 3rd, it will come out on the 11th of the same month.

I found you guys a new photo of the 8800GTS 512MB with G92 (GPU present in the 8800GT)

In the first photo, there's nothing special that pops out, but in the second one, we clearly see that the cooling solution on the 8800GTS is indented. New technique? Or is this alcohol abuse from the engineers at Nvidia?

I'll let you decide."

Whoever's unsure about this card, think of it as the 8800GT is to the GTX, this card is to the Ultra. It will come very close in performance at non-super-high resolutions for a fraction of the cost, with better power consumption and possibly less heat.

Looking forward to this! But if 9-Series is coming not too long after January, when the Q9300 and Q9450 come out, then this I might not consider.

ACtually i think the 512 gts will probably blow away the GT. But at this point i think im just goint ot hang out until the 9x cards come out. My Gt cards are more than enough to play every game on the market right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom