Won't boot from cd rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
*Sorry I posted this in the hardware section too. More traffic goes through here then there. Delete other if you want*
Just built my new pc today (the one in my sig). I went to install vista and it went fine till about 30% and BSOD. I reset cmos,rebooted and went into bios and put boot priority to sata cdrom. No matter what I do when it says PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD it goes straight to NO BOOTMGR press ctrl,alt,delete to restart. Even then when I do that it won't let me restart it. I've tried everything except for taking all my peripherals out except for my cd/dvd drive. Need help asap so I can start OCing the $hit out of this thing.

does you mobo have settings for sata hdd? is is plugged into the port? sometimes.... lol stupid stuff.. BTW Are you a DJ? what equiptment do you use? i have 2 gemini cd-fx20's and an american audio mixer

lol yea I am. I have two techinic 1200's, rane mp 2016 rotary. I mostly make music now so I haven't touched that stuff in months. Yes I've checked all that. Bios recognizes everything.

hmm.. do you have an xp cd to try and see if its your disk/ or the actual drive? Nice setup on the TT's BTW.... Very Nice .. lol I went low budget.. needed to fuel mannyyy hobbies ( OCING :D)

thanks,Yea I've tried different cd's already. It might be needing a bios update which I really didn't want to do. Three builds in the last year and this one had to be the one that gave me probs.

I unplugged my hard drive and it went into windows install fine. Once I plug it back in though it'll keep telling NO BOOTMGR. I did however get to format my hard drive. Do you think the HD is faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom