Lets say 8800GT never came back in stock, Second choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I would also get the 3870.

Sorry to threadjack, but i am wondering if changing to a 3850 from the 1950PRO with my setup (in sig) would provide noticeable performance boosts in games?

Yes, I would also get the 3870.

Sorry to threadjack, but i am wondering if changing to a 3850 from the 1950PRO with my setup (in sig) would provide noticeable performance boosts in games?

yes, you would....but I'd recommend waiting a bit and picking up a 3870 or 8800GT.

im going with the 3850+3870 xfire thing, cause the 3850's are cheap and their in stock. so once the 3870's come in stock im picking one of those up and laughing at people in game.

1. 8800GT
2. 3870-X2 (out soon)
3. 3870

wont no.2 be the first dualcore graphics card on the market?

who the he11 wants to buy 4 cards.. but who wants the performance of 4 cards with just 2 cards?

people who want there computers to look beastly lol, im not sure if id get the x2 or 2 seperate cards, i see it as if one card fails i have a spare, but if one core fails on the 3870x2 the whole card fails and i dont have a spare, and if you look back 2 7900gtx performend better then 1 7950gw2

people who want there computers to look beastly lol, im not sure if id get the x2 or 2 seperate cards, i see it as if one card fails i have a spare, but if one core fails on the 3870x2 the whole card fails and i dont have a spare, and if you look back 2 7900gtx performend better then 1 7950gw2

That was because of the fact that only one of the cores would be doing the majority (if not all) the work while the other one did nothing and if you didn't notice the 7950 was two pcb's slapped together and only goes through one Pci-e slot.

And I cant seem to find a 8800Gt either, seems like I am going to have a wait a bit or might have a look at the GTS revision that should be coming up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom