2700 and a 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
agex000 said:
GameGURU... If you have "crappy" memory at 2700... You may be able to overclock it... But it would become very unstable. You will often receive messages from the O/S asking you to reboot due to the system failing to write to the memory properly (aka System Registry Failure).

well it is kingston and crucial...so its ok, and it can oc a little but in waiting for some more money to get some fast ass ram!!

ok in that case you will be able to overclock. I thought it was some no-brand generic RAM. Just make sure you don't clock it too high! ;)

Goodluck... And I hope it works out ok!

2700 is mildly OC'able,,

I have mine pushed up a bit,, just remember to bump the voltage slightly,,,

You should be able to play around with the soft menu on the ABIt board,,

True you wont be able to get HUGE gains,, but you have some quality ram,,,

I would check the sites for compatibility between the two,, and make sure that you find a level that is optimum for BOTH sticks,, not just one,, and not the other,,

Kingston and Crucial,, although both quality,, have different thresholds to be aware of ,, most manufacturers put out a compatibility list now,,

check it out,, and start clockin'

cheers,

agex000 said:
proseries_r2_c1.gif

It is definatly worth the price. 512 Mb of this stuff is more than enough.

I said "real world performance difference" not build quality or that it comes with some awesome LEDs:p

lol!...! IMO the eye candy is a bonus. I can see where u are getting at though (who needs ram for the looks?)

But performance-wise this memory is great. Corsair has a lifetime guarantee that u can o/c it to 500 Mhz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom