computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swagner

Beta member
I have a fairly new computer that I built. Since the beginning it has been acting kinda weird. Screen freezes, monitor go to standbye mode like the computer is off or the image on the screen blurs. I am thinking the video card is over heating but not sure why it would be. No overclocking has been done to this machine at all. any advise would be really great

cpu p4 3.2 ghz 800 fsb
mobo dfi 865pe infinity
gfx geforce fx5700
running win xp

thanks
shawn

I'm not sure about the screen freezing, but do you mean after 20 minutes or so of not using your computer, it'll goto standby mode? Because that's a setting you can turn off in the screen savors window... I wouldn't think of asking such an obvious question but you're new here and I must assume you don't know too much.

Welcome to TF!

It only does it with graphic intense games. I just got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and I can only play the game for a few min before some graphic problems start happening. It acts the same way for me with America's Army. It also happens in Everquest but not as often. I can leave the computer on all night at desktop and its fine the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom