Installation of Win. XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay here is the error i got right after choosing the resolution..i chose the 1024x768 and it gives me this error:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 8. Server aborting

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at X.Org Wiki - Home
for help
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information

XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
after0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

root@GParted:

With a good burn to disk you don't have to do anything other then press the enter key at the 4 or 5 prompts until the main gui is seen like shown in the screen shots on the documentation page seen at the link posted earlier. If you wonder off you end up having to reboot when trying anything but the default settings as it's loading up.

What program did you use for burning the iso image to disk? A bad burn with the wrong program used will also see errors like that simce the disk won't be made bootable but simply a data burn.

its a good program always worked for me called "DVD Decrypter" uh let me try again just preasing everything as default

btw i hooked up only the 160GB as master...and bios sees it so yea maybe thats some use..

okay well i pressed enter (default) for everything and it brought me to the same error..

Wrong program used! This is why I posted the llnk earlier for BurnOn since that has been reliable here for burning the small iso onto a cd-r and making it a full working bootable disk.

DeepBurner is another program with a free version for usb flash drives found at http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download For use here however I even make data dvds with BurnOn since that always works well even on Vista.

okay ill burn another one with BurnOn...one sec ill post my results give me 10 min

That leaves you with three things left to look at. 1) blank media used hopefully not rw but cd-r type 2) drive lens not reading fully maybe needing a lens cleaner 3)need to download another copy to insure intergrity

With the 0.3.3.0 and earlier "platform independent" releases of which there are only a few I 've always seen great results here. The way to try one of the earlier releases there is to open the (+) sign seen at the left of each one and look over at what is seen in the architecture column to verify it's one of the multi OS types. The 0.3.3.o simply loads a lot faster then the earlier releases.

the media is a CD-R by FUJIFILM 700MB. uh the drive lens cleaner i dont have one ...but i dont know if it was the lens i think that it wouldnt read many cds or dvds that i have used before...rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom